Los County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Department of Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Los Angeles County
Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
      County Home   |   Department Home   |   About Us   |   Contact Us
Font Size: A A
Real Estate Records, Military Discharges & UCC Financing Statement
  County Clerk
  Voter & Election
  General Information
  News Room
Real Estate Records, Military Discharges & UCC Financing Statement

Real Estate Records | Military Discharge | UCC Financing Statement

Notice: Recorder Fee Change pdf format
Notice to Home Owners: Mail Solicitation Alert pdf format
California Homeowners Bill of Rights pdf format [ Español ]

Real Estate Records Section
P.O. Box 1130
Norwalk, CA 90651-1130

This office does not provide online access to our real estate records or indexes via the internet. Section 6254.21 of the Government Code prohibits the posting of home addresses on the internet of any elected or appointed official without his/her written permission. Since we cannot identify such individuals and their home addresses, which may be a part of the record, the Los Angeles County Counsel's Office recommended that we do not make these records available via the internet.


Real estate records, UCC financing statements, and Fictitious Business Name Statements for Los Angeles County are available. If you require a copy of a document recorded with the Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Office, please send a written request with the following information: Title of the document, names listed on the document, a daytime phone number where you can be reached and include a check made payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. The fee for a Fictitious Business Name Statement is $2. The fee for a certified copy of a document is $6 for the first page and $3 for each additional page per document. If you are unsure of the number of pages, submit a blank check indicating on the front side "NOT TO EXCEED $20". Payment for mail requests can be made by check or money order payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. Do not send cash. Out of state checks are accepted. Most requests are processed in 5 working-days from the date the request is received by this office. The processing time does not include the delivery time to and from the office, weekends or holidays.

Note: The Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk only sells complete documents. We cannot sell individual pages of a document.

Send request and fee to:
Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, Real Estate Records P.O. Box 1130 Norwalk, California 90651-1130

Credit Card Request:

You can also request a copy of a recorded document via the web or FAX if you have one of the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card.

Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk does not have the ability to accept credit cards for online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached through its website, www.vitalchek.com. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.

You may click on the link below to order via the web.


Credit card orders will be returned by regular mail unless Express Mail delivery is requested which costs an additional fee of $19.00. A $1.75 handling fee will be charged on all credit card orders in addition to the copy fee.

To order by FAX, please provide the additional information in your faxed request.

  • The name on the credit card, the card number and expiration date.
  • The address where you would like the record mailed, whether you would like it sent by regular mail or Express Mail delivery.
  • A daytime phone number including area code, should it be necessary to contact you.

The FAX number is (562) 864-1250 .

In Person Request:

The following information will assist you on how to do a Real Estate record search by mail or in person. Real estate records for Los Angeles County are maintained in alphabetical indexes by name and year the document was recorded. We cannot accept telephone requests for index searches. If you wish to check the records in person, the office is located at:

12400 Imperial Highway
Room 2207
Norwalk , CA 90650
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. , Monday - Friday, except holidays

The Norwalk Facility is open 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Only real property searches and copies are available. No other document recording services are available during the extended hours.

Payment for in-person request can be made by cash, check or money order or one of the following debit/credit cards: MasterCard, American Express, Discover. If paying by check, valid identification (i.e., Driver's License) of the signer is required and must be presented at time of request. Out of state checks are accepted.

To search the records by mail, you may send a written request containing:

  • Title of the document
  • Names listed on the document; and
  • Year the document was recorded

If you cannot supply the exact year the document was recorded, you must provide the years you want searched. The search fee is $.50 per name, per year searched, $1 minimum. Make your check or money order payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. The search fee is non-refundable. A "No Record Statement" will be issued if no record is found.

Send request and fee to:
Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Real Estate Records
P.O. Box 1130
Norwalk, California 90651-1130


Military Discharges (DD214)

In accordance with California Law, only the following individuals that are allowed to obtain a certified copy of a Military Discharge (DD214), after showing photo identification are:

  • Veteran named on the discharge
  • Family member of the veteran
  • Legal representative of the veteran
  • Government Agency that provides Veteran's benefits

A request for Military Discharge (DD214) can be ordered by mail at 12400 Imperial Highway , Norwalk , CA 90650 , Room 2207 or fax (562) 864-1250 . The request must be accompanied by a notarized certificate of identity sworn under the penalty of perjury that the requestor is an authorized person as noted above and a photocopy of the requestor's photo identification.

Information needed to search Military Discharge (DD214) as follows:

  • Name
  • Year of Discharge


Back to Top | Department Home | Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy